We at SERVPRO of Livonia want to take a moment to share some informational links on COVID-19 Coronavirus.
At this time it is important to remember to regularly wash your hands, sneeze into a tissue or sleeved arm, disinfect surfaces, and limit exposure to others if you sick. Also, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
Consider the source of your information. There are a multitude of television and social media outlets covering this developing situation. Sifting through what is a useful tip and what is potentially a harmful remedy can be daunting.
Below are some links to resources that we hope you find useful. As more information becomes available we will do our best to keep you informed.
City of Livonia informational webpage:
State of Michigan informational webpage:
CDC informational webpage:
World Health Organization (W.H.O.)
Hiring - Restoration Technicians
Our mission is to approach Water, Fire and Mold Damaged structures and restore them to the point, "Like it never even happened." We are SERVice PROfessionals. Attention to detail, the ability to communicate with customers in a polite professional manner, and to go into every job with tact are key attributes we search for in all of our candidates.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
This position involves application of cleaning solutions and exposure to moderate noise levels when operating restoration equipment. Performing the physical activities of this position require considerable use of whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of equipment. Position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs frequently. You also need to be able to work in high places and in confined or tight spaces. You must be capable of working in fire, smoke, and/or water damage environments that have potential for mold and mildew. With the appropriate equipment, cleaning bodily fluids and excrements, along with bugs and other materials will be required. If you have dust allergies and sensitivity to odors, this may not be the best fitting position.
- Must have a professional appearance and great attitude.
- A valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Proficient in using an iPad for digital paperwork and documentation. (DryBook experience preferred but not required)
- Ability to pass a criminal background check with no felony convictions and able to pass drug test.
- Because we provide 24 hour emergency services, you must be willing to be on call on a rotational basis.
- Must work well within a team environment to build each other up and be supportive.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Perform on-site production services including water extraction, demolition, fire clean-up, and contents inventory/packing.
- Develop production expertise: services, products, equipment, and documentation.
- Leave jobsite with a clean and orderly appearance.
- Follow the SERVPRO uniform and conduct policy.
- Must be dependable in attendance and very punctual.
- Xactimate sketching skills are preferred but not required.
Construction experience and IICRC certifications are a plus.